Organization: Women On The Rise GA
Classification: Full Time
Reports To: Executive Director
About the Organization:
Women on the Rise is a grassroots organization led by women of color who are targeted and/or impacted by the legal system. Women on the Rise (WOR) works to educate, heal, and empower ourselves, one another, and our communities to demand justice, dignity, and liberation for all. WOR envisions a world where women, families and communities are safe, whole and free. To bring that vision into existence, we transform lives, laws and social institutions. Our goal is to reduce the incarceration rate of women of color by 50% in five years.
Current campaign is the Communities Over Cages: Close the Jail ATL Campaign to close the Atlanta City Detention Center also known as ACDC and repurpose the facility into a Center for Wellness, Equity and Freedom.
Other programs and work include:
Advocating to change policy/legislation that impacts the lives of formerly incarcerated women of color and their families.
Organizing, community outreach and canvassing to build a base of formerly incarcerated women of color to become leaders through leadership development trainings to form “100 Women Rising.” Building power in numbers.
Community events, weekly Participatory Defense trainings, weekly Support Groups, monthly Membership Meetings and Direct Actions when needed.
Women on the Rise seeks a Development Director to fundraise the organization’s annual budget of over $1 million dollars per year, work with the Executive Director to ensure the financial health and long-term sustainability of the organization and oversee and implement a grassroots fundraising strategy. Our rapidly growing organization is currently financially healthy with most of the funding from foundation partners and a brand-new grassroots fundraising base. This position will take the place of a development consultant and is ideal for someone who is able to take initiative in a fast work environment to grow our organization’s fundraising strategies to scale.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Develop and execute annual development strategy and plan to raise over $1 million annual budget in partnership with Executive Director;
• Maintain fundraising calendar for organization;
• Establishing and maintaining an organizational database (for members, community groups, alliance members, grassroots, individual donors, and foundations;
• Maintain understanding of current funding landscape and work with Executive Director to diversify funds or consider other ideas for long-term sustainability of organization.
• Handle all aspects of grant writing and reporting;
• Maintain active grants calendar with deadlines;
• Work with fiscal sponsor to obtain financial reports or other documents needed to submit to
• Research new grant opportunities and foundations;
• Maintain strong relationships with foundation partners and program officers in partnership with
• Manage grassroots fundraising strategy and identify new ways to grow individual donor base including recurring donor program, fundraising events or new partnerships;
• Manage online fundraising pages, recurring donors and individual giving through Action Network;
• Collaborate with Executive Director and other staff to identify and build relationships with new donors;
• Maintain relationships with existing major or recurring donors, partnering with Communications staff on donor cultivation and communication through newsletters and social media;
• Ensure timely thank you of donors.
• Draft Annual Report;
• Collaborate with newly formed Advisory Board as needed;
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor's degree.
• 5+ years development experience.
• Excellent computer skills.
• Proficient with MS Office applications and CRMs.
• Proficient with social media platforms.
• Outstanding communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Ability to work independently.
The salary range for this position is $55 to 60k, depending on experience. Women on the Rise offers a generous benefit package including full health insurance through our fiscal sponsor. To apply please send a resume and cover letter, along with 3 references and 1 writing sample to .
Formerly-incarcerated women of color or those otherwise directly impacted by the legal system encouraged to apply.
NO TELEPHONE CALLS OR WALK-INS PLEASE.
WOMEN ON THE RISE GA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER AND ACTIVELY RECRUITS WOMEN, PEOPLE OF COLOR, PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES AND GENDER NON-CONFORMING PEOPLE AND FORMERLY INCARCERATED PEOPLE