***All positions are Remote but you must reside in the Atlanta area***
The Development Associate is a key member of Women on the Rise’s fundraising team. The Development Associate will implement a wide array of fund development activities including donor relations and direct solicitation, grant management, database management, electronic and direct mail solicitations, special events, researcher of potential donors, and donor stewardship. Under the direct supervision of the Executive Director the Development Associate works collaboratively with Senior Fellow & Executive Director to identify, secure and grow individual and institutional donor/funder relationships. We are an equal opportunity employer, and especially encourage formerly incarcerated citizens and people from non-traditional backgrounds to apply
Coordinate and support prospect research and briefings/meetings, and draft grant proposals and reports for prospective and current foundation funders.
Implement a strategic calendar of fundraising appeals and donor/funder stewardship by working with staff to utilize Action Network, social media & direct mail.
Maintain and grow a small portfolio of key donor relationships.
Manage and maintain effective donor and funder relationships and records, including confidential donor database, communication, and filing systems.
Build and maintain effective working relationships with all program and support staff.
Support accurate service data collection in compliance with grant reporting requirements.
Other duties as required.
2+ years of successful experience in nonprofit fundraising or a similar field.
Excellent organization and time management skills
Strong interpersonal skills and ability to coordinate a team
Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Ability to work with and within diverse groups of people with diverse working styles
Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, in a fast-paced setting with shifting priorities and constant deadlines.
Experience using Action Network, similar CRM or database.
The salary range for this position is $50k-62k, depending on experience. Women on the Rise offers a generous benefit package including full health insurance through our fiscal sponsor. To apply please send a resume and cover letter to Robyn@WomenontheRisega.org.
Formerly-incarcerated women of color or those otherwise directly impacted by the legal system encouraged to apply.
NO TELEPHONE CALLS OR WALK-INS PLEASE.
WOMEN ON THE RISE GA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER AND ACTIVELY RECRUITS WOMEN, PEOPLE OF COLOR, PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES AND GENDER NON-CONFORMING PEOPLE AND FORMERLY INCARCERATED PEOPLE
The Digital Communications Organizer will serve as an experienced communications generalist providing support to WOR and its campaigns to amplify our work. The ideal candidate will implement digital communication organizing strategies in collaboration with Community Organizers, 50 Alliance Members and Anchor Team to ensure that Women on the Rise GA continues growing our base, even during COVID-19, and that online action is translated into real political power. The ideal candidate will drive social media strategies and engage traditional media strategies in support of WOR’s programming and campaigns.
• Create and maintain weekly calendar of social media posts and content in alignment with broader organizational or campaign strategy using Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter utilizing a social media marketing tool, like Buffer or Hootsuite
• Stay up to date on the work of the organization and participate in meetings and events as needed to document and promote WOR’s work on all social media
• Manage outreach and serve as ambassador for the organization with our membership base, constituency, current and potential supporters, and local and national organizational partners on all social media platforms
• Monitor and engage in social media discussions regarding issues related to WOR’s campaigns or other work
• Create and monitor Facebook events as needed, in partnership with organizers
• Run ads or paid boosts on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter as needed, with approval from supervisor
• Monitor analytics, organizational reach, and post-performance on social media
• Stay up to date and informed on trends in social media “best practices,” and emerging technologies
Graphic Design & Print
• Graphic Design work to produce flyers, graphics, memes, and other print or digital materials for use with campaigns, outreach, or events, in partnership with organizers
• Draft campaign updates, newsletters, and printed outreach and educational materials, in partnership with organizers
Online Organizing and Data Management
• Support WOR’s online organizing work, including keeping WOR’s member list and database up to date, create online petitions or forms as needed, and send action alerts to appropriate targets using Action Network, in partnership with organizers
• Support organizers with tracking member and constituent data and contact information, especially related to street outreach or sign-up at meetings and events
• Create content for online grassroots fundraising and maintain WOR’s database of donors in Action Network in partnership with direct supervisor and Executive Director
• Document organization and campaign events and activities via photograph or video and collect photos from members and staff, to utilize online and in other communications
• Archive photos and videos electronically for quick reference via GoogleDrive/ G Suite or Dropbox
• Assist in maintaining WOR and campaign website by updating with call to actions, fundraising etc. as needed
Traditional/ Earned Media
• Draft/write press releases and Op-Eds and conduct outreach through traditional media as needed and directed
• Update WOR’s press list as needed
• Serve as liaison between organization’s staff or members and journalists, as needed
• Participate in campaign strategy and other program meetings to stay abreast of campaign developments, and help inform digital communications, and amplify work of the organization
• Support with rapid response needs, particularly during legislative session or in response to community crises
• Work with consultants or contractors as needed, such as communications consultants, web designers, graphic designers, photographers or videographers
• Being available during peek times dealing with the campaign or other necessary responses
• 3 years’ experience in grassroots organization as Digital Organizer, Social Media Coordinator, Communications Associate, or related role
• Strong political analysis and commitment to racial justice, gender justice, LGBTQ justice, migrant justice, self-determination for communities of color, and ending mass incarceration and criminalization
• Understanding of the importance of values-aligned language when talking about WOR’s work (such as refraining from the use of terminology like “inmate,” “violent vs. non-violent,” “offender,” etc.)
• Exceptional computer literacy, including expertise in Microsoft Office Suite, graphic design software, database software, and familiarity with Mac
• Proven ability to work quickly when needed, complete tasks by deadline, and accomplish multi-pronged, fast-moving projects with multiple stakeholders or players
• Exceptional attention to detail, including typos and copy-editing skills
• Highly motivated to learn new skills and increase capacity of organization in area of strategic communications
• Highly organized, creative, self-directed
• Exception communication and listening skills
• Ability to resolve conflict and work well with others, team-oriented
• Committed to personal transformation and comfortable working under the leadership of Black formerly incarcerated women
• Experience conducting website maintenance, using programs like Wix.com or Squarespace
• Prior experience as a Social Media Coordinator or formal training in “best practices” for use of social media
• Graphic design experience, or familiarity with Canva
• Experience organizing within a membership-based organization or coalition
• Familiarity with CRMs, online newsletter software, or online organizing platforms like Action Network
• Experience with social media management tools, like Buffer or Hootsuite
The salary range for this position is 40k-45k and depending on experience. Women on the Rise offers a generous benefit package including full health insurance, PTO, 403b, and much more.
To apply please send a resume and cover letter to Robyn@womenontherisega.org.